The balanced diet for fish is based on the components and the nutrient content to meet the requirements of the species being which are grown at the more affordable price. This fish feed (diet plan) developed by the Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research provides all the ingredients(proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals)necessary for optimal growth and health of catfish.
The feed is derived from the groundnut cake, sorghum maize, flour, and maize and cassava, which together comprise approximately 38% of the ingredients, and provide between 30% and 50% of Catfish nutritional requirements. The ingredients are mixed, oil and dried to form floating granules, which are later packaged.
In the world of the fish farming industry feed is responsible 70 percent of production costs. This technology enhances the nutritional value of fish and helps in the expansion for the species. It is also a significant contributor to increase in the earnings of farmers who raise fish.
Fish Feed Production Process
We also have single fish feed machine and small production line with a capacity of 100-300kg/h, Please feel free to inquire!
The most important machines in the entire line of production for fish feed are The main machines used in the line are: feed hammer mill, feed mixing machine, fish feed extruder, and pellet drying machine and pellet packing machine.
• Feed-hammer mill is the first machine used that grinds raw material into powder.
• Feed mixer to blend evenly powdery material in preparation for direct pelletization
* Extruders for fish feed There are two types of extruders: dry extruder for fish feed, and wet type extruder for fish feed that both push feed mash inside the barrel via a restrictive die. Examine the two extruders and select the best one for the production of pellets for your feed. This dry type extruders for fish are strongly recommendeddue to its low cost and superior productivity.
* Pellet drying machine: to remove pellet moisture for pellet package. For production of pellets in small quantities it is possible to dry the pellets by sunlight.
* Pellet packing machines that can automatically pack pellets to store them. It can also be done in process manually if the production is small.
We are the experts in pellet machine production, with years of experience in making and creating. Our equipment are working efficiently to create quality pellets for fish feed that increase the profit of farmers who raise fish. Additionally, we have excellent relations with clients in Nigeriaand and exports a lot of pellet equipment to Nigeria and has a clearer understanding of the Nigerian market for fish farming. If you let us know of your requirements and we’ll design the most suitable solution for the production of fish feed pellets!
Significant Fish Farming in Nigeria
- Fish, which is a highly nutritious source of protein from animals, plays a significant role in the diet of people of Nigeria. Fish and fish-based products account for more than 60 percent of the protein intake for adults, especially in rural areas.
- Generation of jobs: Production from fish holds an extremely important place in the primary sector , providing direct employment for more than one million people.
- Earnings from fish farming is a lucrative venture. Many fish farms are built every year to raise fish, streams and rivers are used to serve as fishing ponds providing income to the individual fish farmer as well as other resource holders.
- Government assistance: Nigeria government has carried out the policy of proactive fishing farming. The new import quota for fish has been announced. The intention is to help the nation to become self-sufficient in fishing over 4 years by implementing the 25 percent annual import reduction.
Thus, the significance that the industry of fishing for the long-term sustainability of the supply of protein from animals in the country can’t be under-emphasized. Thus, the fish farming industry has great potential in Nigeria.
Why should make your own fish feed
A high-quality fish feed production is crucial for the sustainability and development of the fish farming industry in Nigeria particularly, in rural regions. Fish require high-quality, nutrition to grow and market size within the shortest time. Insufficient quality fish food will cause a slow growth of the fish, low survival rates, and low returns on investment.
High-quality is associated with a higher cost. High-end fish feed is a significant expense for farmers who raise fish. The current state of fishing feeds in Nigeria is that a large number farmers from Nigeria use imported top quality fish feed , which is expensive and expensive, even though there are some commercial producers of fish feed. This raises the cost of production and lowers their margin of profit. In order to cut costs producing fish feed pellets in their entirety is always the efficient method.
The pellets of fish feed that make up its economic value is determined by calculating the ratio of food to calories. The ratio is the volume of food in kilograms that is needed to make 1kg of fish. Thus, a ratio of feed conversion of 1:1 is that for one kilogram of food feed, one kg of fish was created.
For making fish feed pellets We recommend dry type fish feed machine that has an affordable price and the capability of making high-quality feed pellets.
Priority of Fish Feed Pellet
1. High Starch Gelatinization
Feed materials undergo the process of high temperature for a short period of time in the feeding equipment. The the degree of gelatinization can be as high as 80-99% in the case of aquatic animals which are easily digestible.
2. Better Digestion and Absorption
Pellets break down quickly when your stomach. Fish, which loses the nutrients (during regurgitation) and help greater absorption of nutrients.
3. Improved Water Stability
They can be more resistant to water disintegration and floating feeds allow farmers to monitor the health of the fish as well as the amount of food consumed.
4. Water Absorption
The extrusion’s moisture content is controlled over an extensive range of values which improves the stability of water in your final product. The pellets take in more water, and retain their shape for longer and reduces the loss of nutrients. They improve the technical properties of pellets as well as the health of fish.
5. Convenient for Density Control
It is completely feasible that an extruder can produce floating feed as well as sinking feed, and slow sinking feed through density control. This is more compatible with various species of fish.
6. Fine Mechanical Resistance
Extrusion-based feed is more resistant to mechanical wear and creates fewer fines in the course of transportation. It reduces waste from feed as well as air pollution and water.
7. Good to Aquatic Organism Health
Extrusion cooking is hygienic in its feed processing and kills pathogens and bacteria to prevent animal diseases.