The mini fish feed making machine is used for making pellets from grain, soybean, cereal or other materials. The pellet will float on the water for at least 12 hours. Particularly for aquaculture industries such as fish, shrimp tortoise and other aquatic products. You can vary the pellet diameter.
Fish feed pellet machine can make many types of fodder for different animals. You can use it to make pet-fodder for poultry, fishery feed, and aquaculture fodder. The fish feed pellet machine can be used to pre-treat many types of fish feed to decrease loss of nutrition and increase the protein ratio.
This machine can extrude feed pellets in different shapes. You can choose from a variety of molds to create pellets with different shapes and diameters. Molds can also be customized to meet your needs.
Application: Floating and sinking fish feed, shrimp feed and other aquatic feed.
Output: 50-100kg/h, 100-200kg/h, 300-500kg/h, 500-1000kg/h, 1-4t/h
Finished Pellet Size: 0.9mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, and so on till to the bigger 15mm.
Types of Fish Feed Extruder Machine
There are two types of fish feed extruders. One is the dry type fish food extruder. The other is the wet type fish food extruder and need to be used in conjunction with the steam boiler to produce steam for pelletizing. Both are used widely by pets such as fish, catfish and shrimp. It is important to understand the functions of fish feed extruders.
Difference between wet and dry extruder
- Wet types have a higher capacity than dry ones. For example, a 15kw pellet mill can produce 120-150kg/hour of dry type, while 180-200kg/hour is the capacity of the wet type.
- Wet types are more expensive than dry.
- They are nearly identical in terms of digestibility. Although the surface of pellets made from wet type is slightly better than that of dry, it doesn’t make a huge difference.
- Conditioner is available for wet-type floating fish feed pellet mills. To work with the conditioner, it will also require a boiler. Dry type machines do not require a boiler or conditioner. Both the dry and wet types of pellet mills can produce pellets from 0.9mm to 10mm in size.
Advantages of Small Floating Fish Feed Machine
- This machine has a novel design, high output, and stable operation;
- Control cabinet: button operation, easy to understand, and master;
- All-round 360-degree circular stirring, screw pushing into the raw materials, automatic uniform feeding;
- The main parts are made of alloy materials after heat treatment, which has the characteristics of high wear resistance and long service life;
- The machine outlet is equipped with the rotary cutting device of variable frequency speed regulation, which can adjust the rotating speed of the blade arbitrarily to control the cutting speed and length.
How does Fish Feed Extruder Work? Operation Steps
- Mix the raw materials and mix them.
- Pour the mixed raw materials into the feed bin.
- Turn on the cutter switch and adjust the cutter speed.
- Adjust the distance between the cutter and the mold to control the size of the pellets.
- Turn on the host switch (green start button) to ensure the positive selection of the motor.
- Turn on the feeding switch and adjust the feeding speed. The final product pellets are obtained.
- When the production is completed, turn off the main motor, turn off the cutter switch, and turn off the feed switch.
- After stopping, remove the protective cover and keep the machine idling for one minute.
- Take out the screw, clean it up, and clean up the mold for next use.
India Aquafeed Market
In 2021, India’s aquafeed market was worth 1.4 million tons. IMARC Group projects that the market will reach 2.6 million Tons in 2027. This growth rate (CAGR of 10.07%) is expected to continue through 2022-2027.
India is one of the most important aquaculture markets in the world due to its rich diversity of aquatic species. There is therefore a strong demand for aquafeed in India to meet the growing needs of aquaculture farmers as well as expanding export businesses.
With rising disposable incomes, increasing health consciousness, and improved cold chain facilities, seafood sales have expanded beyond local wet markets to organized retail channels such as supermarkets. This is one of the main factors driving India’s aquafeed market growth. Manufacturers are now using high-quality raw materials with functional benefits and lower usage of synthetic ingredients to meet the rising demand for organic and natural feeds. They also improve the stability and density of pellets and reduce fine proportions. The industry’s growth is also driven by the shift from homemade feed to commercially-available product varieties. The commercial feed not only increases the bioavailability and profit margins, but also reduces environmental pollution. The Government of India offers subsidies to fish and shrimp farmers. This in turn stimulates the growth of aquafeed.
Fish Feed Formulation in India
Feeds are extruded using 3-to 6-mm dies. They have between 28 and 32 percent protein and 3 – 6 percent fat. All feeds are currently used in growout systems for fish farms and are not popular in juvenile- and nursery-rearing facilities.
Soybean meal, which is incorporated in formulations at levels ranging from 35 to 45 percent of the total protein, is the main source. Other ingredients include wheat bran and broken rice, as well as wheat bran, rice bran, corn gluten meal, copra meal, and wheat bran. These ingredients include trace mineral premixes, vitamins, and phosphates.
These feeds are most commonly sold in Andhra Pradesh which is the country’s largest producer of farmed fish. Modern technologies are now being used in other parts of India. Pangasius farming is the most popular use of feeds, with a growing interest in carp culture.
ASA-IM estimates that India’s annual extruded feed milling capacity will be between 1 and 1.2 million MT. This figure is based on a 2012 estimate by ASA-IM. This feed quantity and an FCR of1.2 could allow India to raise approximately 1 million tonnes of freshwater fish.
India’s increased availability of feeds can open the door to two untapped aquaculture systems, inland production and marine enclosures. The feed-based systems will also help to increase species diversity, market opportunities, and promote domestic use of the fish.