Fish farming in India
The rate of commercial fish farming in India is increasing rapidly. Due to the high demand for fish and fish products in the Indian market. And with the current population growth, the rate of consumption and demand for fish is gradually increasing.
Oceans and rivers are the main and primary sources of fish. However, the fish population in these natural resources is gradually decreasing due to massive fish harvesting.
Therefore, it is imperative to establish commercial fish farming operations and meet the nutritional needs of the Indian people.
India is blessed with a large number of rivers, lakes and numerous natural water resources. Therefore, there is a great opportunity to establish a new career, business and source of income through commercial fish farming in India.
We are describing the benefits of fish farming in India and the steps to start this agribusiness, and you can get inspired for this business by learning about their benefits.
How to start fish farming business in India?
Starting fish farming in India is not easy. In order to establish a profitable fish farming business, you have to go through certain processes. We have described the different stages of fish farming in India below.
The most important infrastructure for fish farming is the pond. Without ponds, we cannot do commercial fish farming business.
You can use an existing pond or build a new fish farming pond in India.
We can raise fish in seasonal and permanent ponds. In the case of raising fish in seasonal ponds where there is no water all year round, we have to raise some fast growing and early maturing fish species.
It is important to prepare the pond before releasing small fish in it. Clean the pond bottom thoroughly and then apply fertilizer. Customize the pH of pond water and soil.
A quality pond environment ensures high productivity and profitability. A complete pond management system must be seen.
Selecting Fish Species
Choosing the right fish species plays an important role in overall production and profitability. Always try to keep the right fish species for your area.
When selecting fish species, you must consider factors such as market demand for fish, facilities that need to be maintained, natural facilities for raising fish, adequate water supply, water availability, and efficient use of resources.
Catla, cotton, grass carp, silver carp, carp, tilapia, koi, shrimp, and various types of catfish are all species that are well suited for freshwater pond culture.
You can keep multiple species together to make proper use of ponds and water resources. For quality, you can contact your nearest fish breeder or fisheries department.
The flowering process
Quality fish feed maximizes overall production. Most of our farmers rely on natural feed from their ponds.
For commercial production, however, you must provide your fish with a high-quality and nutrient-rich diet.
You can also implement various integrated fish farming systems.
The most profitable and popular integrated fish farming systems are fish-poultry, fish-dairy, fish-duck, fish-pig, fish-paddy, fish-goat, and fish-vegetable.
Care and management
In addition to good pond conditions and good quality food, you need to take care of your fish. Growing fish in particular require more care and management.
Always test the pH value of the water. Pond water with a pH of 7 to 8 is best for fish.
Prevent the entry of different types of predators. Always take the necessary measures against various fish diseases.
It is said that prevention of disease is better than cure. So always try to take care of your fish and pond.
Without proper marketing facilities, you cannot aspire to produce a good product. The main feature of commercial fish farming in India is that you can easily sell your products at reasonable prices.
Most Indian fish farmers sell their products in the nearest local market. There is also a high demand for Indian fish in the international market.
You can secure more profit by exporting your fish abroad. An association of farmers should be established to take care of international marketing of Indian.
So that we can easily sell our products in the international market for more profit.
The benefits of fish farming in hindi
- There is a huge demand for fish and fish products in India. Fish is one of the most common and favorite items on the food menu of over 60% of Indians.
- The demand and prices for fish and fish related products have always been high.
- India’s climate is ideal for fish production and fish farming operations
- India has a variety of water sources that are easy to find. You can fill your pond with water from the nearest river, lake or any other source.
- India has a wide variety of fast growing fish species. Farming those fast-growing fish species will ensure a quick return on your investment.
- Easy access and low cost labor. You can also run an integrated fish farming business with different types of animals, birds, crops and vegetables. Integrated fish farming reduces costs and ensures maximum production
- Fish farming in India is indeed very lucrative and risky work. Commercial fish farming can create new income and employment opportunities. Unemployed and educated young people can start fish farming. This will provide them with financial independence and sustainable income opportunities.
- People with other businesses or jobs can also start a fish farming business. If you have land and facilities that are suitable for fish farming, then you can easily start this business.
- You can also apply for a bank loan if you wish. There are more benefits to starting fish farming in India. Our advice is that if you have the right land and proper facilities then do not abuse these possibilities. Start a fish escape business. If you are new to fish farming, start farming on a small scale and gain experience. You can also visit some fish farms to gain some knowledge.
We are professional fish feed machine manufacturer. If you want to know more about fish farming and fish feed pellet making, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We can help small, medium and large-scale fish pellet production clients set-up a fish feed plant that is designed to meet customers’ specific demands at different capacities.